This little piece of advice can truly apply to anyone, but as a business owner it's absolutely imperative to go the extra mile. It's not even an option, really.
That extra mile is what makes your stand out in the competition. The little things you do are what will make a lasting impression with your clients and customers.
When you go above and beyond you are providing more than just good customer service, you're proving yourself and above all you're building trust. As we've shared before, trust breeds magic. Trust is the key to successful working relationships and the key to winning loyalty.
A few easy ways you can go the extra mile:
1. Mail a personal thank you note
2. Keep your emails human, even if they're canned.
3. When a purchase or project is done, don't treat it like it's done. Always follow up.
4. Fix your mistakes. If you're wrong, don't try to hide it and your honesty will be appreciated.
5. Don't just follow your clients and customers on social media. Engage with them and share them with your network.