Last year, Kristin and I we're missing each other (I'm in Dallas and she's in St. Louis), so we decided to pack our bags and explore a new city together one weekend.
We're both quasi world-travelers and it's no surprise we loved the trip.
On our last night in town we ordered room service, put on those fancy and large hotel robes, and clinked over a glass of wine that we would commit to one of these adventures every year. It didn't always have to be just us, but it had to be somewhere that wasn't where one of us was living.
So here's our list of places (in no particular order) that we're dreaming of seeing in the years to come.
1. Palm Springs - Palm trees + pools. It's pretty much all anyone needs.
2. Iceland - Umm, the Northern lights?!
3. Washington DC. - I love doing the historical sites and have never been, I'm a dork.
4. Texas Hill Country - We dream of drinking wine all weekend long.
5. Charleston + Savannah - Kristin just finished Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and want's to explore the South.
6. Amsterdam - That city just looks like a designers dream!
7. Berlin - BEER! + maybe some day trips for castles. #wizardschool
8. Colorado - Any city, anytime.
9. New Orleans - We just found out NOLA has a carousal bar that spins.
10. Seattle - Because coffee.
Where should we go first? We're still trying to pick this year's spot.